Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Matrix


This image came up when I was google imaging pictures of ishmael.
I will assume that everyone has seen the movie where this came from :)
I watched this movie when I was like 8 or so, I was such a tomboy and daddy's little girl.
I watched chucky and wasnt scared but I watched this movie, Matrix and couldn't sleep well for a while.
It scared me so much.
to think
to think
to question everything that i know is true
scared 
I think some of daniel quinn's books do the same thing.
question reality and provokes you to think and question life.
If you knew the "way of the human being" or "the way to live" would you "take the pill" and learn the correct way?
See all the faults in society
See everything that you thought meant so much to you end up to be nothing?
Would you eat from the tree of knowledge?
The red pill or the blue pill
There is no going back when you have this knowledge 
you simply cannot unsee what has been seen.

would you be the character "B" from the Daniel Quinn's, "the story of B"?
It is a little frightening to save the world 
To see everything for the first time
you would be a baby again learning the world all over again

Could you be that brave?

1 comment:

  1. To start off, this is a brilliant connection. I wasn't even thinking of the Matrix, but it really does have a relation to Ishmael, doesn't it?

    I guess it would be hard to "take the pill" and learn about everything that is wrong with the world. Leaving everything you've ever known behind would be a really hard thing to do and a lot of people seem to ignore that fact.

    I'm not sure if I would choose the red pill. I would like to say that I would, but it's one of those in-the-moment things. It's one of those things you'll never know until you're face to face with the decision.

    You can only strengthen yourself the best you can and hope that when that moment comes, you're strong enough to make the right decision.

    ReplyDelete