Tuesday, April 23, 2013

With Gorilla Gone...


I love the quotes from ishmael.

I love the artistic view of it and the thought process and i love the art accompaniment 

It questions how strong you really are

In Ishmael, he had his teacher for the longest time 

He knew that he could ask his teacher questions all the time

and if anything went wrong his teacher would be there for him

Then his teacher leaves him 

What now?

What do you do?

Who do you ask?

You dont have all the answers

Why did your teacher leave you?

Ishmael left because he didnt want to be a prophet

He didnt want to be that mentor 

He wanted the main character to be the main character of his life and Ishmael didnt want to be a part of it

He didnt want to be a prophet or a God

He just wanted to unblind the blind

Now you are the teacher and the main character.......
What do you do now that you're alone?




2 comments:

  1. I really like that piece of artwork! Your posts are constructed in a way that gives you time to sit back and think about what you're really asking. I like that. :o)

    Anyway, speaking of quotes from Ishmael, you asked me a while ago for that quote in Ishmael where he says to tell ten people and they will tell ten people. Well, I found it!

    "What you do is teach a hundred what I've taught you, and inspire each of them to teach a hundred." (Ishmael pg. 248)

    I know you already made a post about it, but I thought it would still be worth sharing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh thanks Shayla hehe how'd you find it?

    ReplyDelete