Tuesday, April 16, 2013

technology

I'm not old enough to remember when cellphones were not popular or how you would have a special bag to carry them in. I do remember a  time when cell phones were not touch screen and you couldn't use the internet on them. I remember flip phones and how the krzr was a big deal. I remember when people didn't have your cell phone on 24/7 and constantly checking facebook on it.

I find it annoying that everyone is on there IPhone all the time, however, it is a useful tool when used right.
I just found out about the scanner things and CU Codes and all that fancy stuff. People can easily spread words and ideas through a bar code thing. It's amazing! I used if for the first time the other day on my ITouch for a Mcd's cup, pretty cool. Imagine if people did that for useful things not fat food specials. Like linking it to an Ishmael page. Let me get this straight, I'm not THAT into Ishmael but I do like the philosophy behind it, thinking. Not being a Zombie and facebooking, checking out your ex's life, but, instead learning, caring about  the world and people, improving the inner self. If I was all tech savvy, I would be doing that. Maybe some people in our hnrs class would do that. 



3 comments:

  1. I think there needs to be a balance between the use of technology and the actual face to face interactions that we have. It's hard to see familys going out to dinner and every body is on their phone. Conversation is something that has to be taught these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the first to admit that I am addicted to my phone; however I understand exactly what you’re talking about. One of my biggest pet-peeves is when I’m trying to talk to someone ant they’re busy on their phone. Technology can be such an amazing tool, but people are developing zombie-like qualities from being way too obsessed with technology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I'd hate to be a zombie, Ali is correct. Technology is addicting. I'm not a Facebook or social media fan, but I do love the iPhone for its accessibility and the impact it can have on people. I enjoy that ideas can be shared instantly and theoretically...never removed. But, I do think that the internet is a difficult place to navigate, and a barcode scanning device would be quite handy if it sent you to a website that was solely based on sharing ideas. That would make finding ideas much easier. Although Pinterest isn't necessarily the best philosophy app, it does constantly spread ideas and I find it very useful. If you, or anyone else, hasn't heard of it you/they should really go check it out.

    ReplyDelete